Thursday, March 10, 2011

(Smack! Smack!) I. Can't. Find. A. Vein. (Smack! Smack!)


So I have a friend who is an addict. In fact, her latest blog is on this very topic. But she has quit...almost cold turkey.

As she talks about giving up Facebook for lent, all I can do is commend her vigorously. Some people give her a hard time for still getting on for 5 minutes a day, but C'MON! Could you turn off the smack for 40 days and nights? I mean it is a known fact, or at least quote by an actor in The Social Network, that 91% of people who log on, come back.

I come back. And back. And back again. Sometimes all in the same 5 minutes depending what is going on in my life.

Now, don't get me wrong, I am not Lindsey Lohan status...yet. I don't need FB Rehab in the Hollywood Hills. I can go on a cruise and not pay for Wi-fi to check or update my status and photos, but you can be darn skippy that the FIRST moment we dock back in the states, I will be catching up on all the stauses I missed.

So here I sit and I am already thinkin' about next year and if I could give up the addiction for 57,400 minutes (granted I give myself 5 minutes a day). Will I dream about my first status following Easter day? Will I start writing other Facebook regulars' statuses in my head.

Jennifer E.S.: Need coffee now.

Naomi S: Amanda is the bestest friend in the whole wide world.

Tiffany M.F.: I have the best Pampered Chef deal for you yet.

(Okay, so one of those might not be a real depiction of an actual Facebook status).

I think I am going to wait and see how Amber does. It is Day 2 and she has already called me about "How disconnected from the world she is."

That being said, she is strong willed and loves to prove people wrong when they doubt her.

That also being said, I am a weak human being and love my facebook time.

3 comments:

  1. Efffff that - you know this girl ain't giving it up!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. To clarify...I'm not giving up Facebook. I'm giving up my Facebook addition. Thus the one login for 5 minutes a day. A healthy amount of Facebook time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I commented over on FB, but had to add: If we're all doing it, it's not so much an addiction, right? Instead of 'FB addict,' think of it as the sign of the times :)
    But it's true, moderation is a good thing. Go, Amber for being so disciplined!

    ReplyDelete