Monday, January 3, 2011

Resolutions are for suckers!!!


I don't have a lot to say about Resolutions.
I'm tired of making them. I am tired of breaking them. Most importantly, I am tired of the people who NEED to make them...DON'T!
For example: My students! I asked them what their resolutions were today. No hands. "Okay you guys, what are your goals for the upcoming semester?" Again, no hands.
So we went on with our work. "Get out a pen or pencil." 6 hands go up.
"Can I get a pencil?"
"I don't have my pencil, I was running late."
So I suggest a resolution, "How 'bout we make it a resolution to have a pen or pencil everyday?" 1 hand.
"Why do you have them there for us if you don't want us to use them?"
At this point 2 hands go up. Mine. Over my face.
White flag.

No comments:

Post a Comment