Saturday, January 8, 2011

What's for Dinner

I felt I needed to redeem myself after my last post...

This is what we are having for dinner tonight. I hope it is yummy.


Lazy Lasagna Chili

1 cup coarsely chopped zucchini

½ cup coarsely chopped onion

1 lb sweet Italian sausage (4 links)

2 garlic cloves, pressed

1 (26 oz) jar spaghetti sauce

2 (14-14 ½ oz) cans beef broth

1 cup water

1 ½ cups uncooked pasta of choice

2 Tbls snipped basil (optional)

1. Coarsely chop zucchini and onions using Food Chopper; set zucchini aside. Remove casings from sausage; discard casings. Heat Lg 8qt Pot over medium heat until hot. Add sausage, onion and garlic pressed with Garlic Press; cook sausage 8-10 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking sausage into crumbles; drain.

2. Add spaghetti sauce, broth and water; bring to a boil. Stir in pasta. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 7 minutes. Stir zucchini into chili' cook 2-4 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Remove from heat; stir basil into soup, if desired. Ladle soup into bowls; serve with French Bread.


Note: The Pic is not my actual soup. I chopped up my zuchini to get the kid (and myself) to eat it. I also used penne.

No comments:

Post a Comment